- Adult Probation
- Clerk of Courts/Orphans' Court
- Criminal Justice Advisory Board
- District Attorney
- Domestic Relations
- Drug Task Force
- Juvenile Probation
- Law Library
- Local Rules of Court
- Master of Divorce
- Public Defender
March 13, 2020
3/13/20 - PRESS RELEASE: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The Court, in conjunction with the Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts, and local County Governments in the 39th Judicial District are closely monitoring developments on the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Public health officials, along with the Governor’s office, recommend mitigation strategies including social distancing and minimizing large gatherings in an effort to inhibit transmission of the coronavirus.
In an effort to keep Court facilities in the 39th Judicial District safe to visitors and employees, the President Judge and Court Administration, are encouraging the following:
• Limited visitors. Any party required to attend a scheduled court proceeding or who is visiting the Court facility to access a filing office is encouraged to arrive in smaller groups, if possible, in an effort to decrease the possible spread of the virus.
• Stay home if you are feeling sick. Any party under Court Order to appear for a proceeding of any type, but is not feeling well, should make a reasonable attempt to notify the Court Administration Office at 717-261-3848 of their illness. Those individuals who are represented by an attorney should ask their attorney to notify the court of your condition and ask that you be excused in advance, or that you be permitted to appear via alternate methods such as video or teleconference. Each case will be decided by the court on a case by case basis.
• Practice good hygiene. When in a Court facility please refrain from shaking hands or other forms of physical contact. Use other noncontact methods of greeting. Please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer at regular intervals. Create habits and reminders to avoid touching faces and cover coughs and sneezes.
For up-to-date information, visit:
Department of Health: https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/Pages/Coronavirus.aspx
Together as a community we can decrease the spread of the coronavirus.
For more information, please contact Mark Singer, District Court Administrator for the 39th Judicial District, at email@example.com or 717-261-3848.
Return to list.