April 21, 2021
Deadline Fast Approaching - Registering to Vote
How Do I Submit My Initial Voter Registration Application or Change of Name, Address or Party Affiliation?
1) Submit online by going to register.votespa.com.
2) By mail in one of two ways:
· Obtain a state or federal voter registration mail application from a candidate, political party and other Federal, State, and municipal offices. You may also request one from the Department of State’s website at www.votespa.com.
IMPORTANT: If you are already registered and just need to update your information, you will need to check one of the boxes on the voter registration form to either Change Name, Change Address and/or Change Party.
3) Apply at a government agency. Clients of these government agencies may apply to register to vote or make a change to their registration at:
· State offices that provide public assistance and services to persons with disabilities
· Armed Forces Recruitment Centers
· County’s Clerk of Courts Office
· Area Agencies on Aging & County Mental Health/Intellectual Disabilities Offices
· Centers for Independent Living
What is the Deadline to Register to Vote or Change my Name, Address and/or Party on my Voter Registration?
The deadline to apply for a Change of Name, Address and/or Party or to make a New Registration for the upcoming Municipal Primary Election is Monday, May 3rd. If your application is received or postmarked after that date, it will be processed for the 2021 Municipal Election in November. Once the application is processed, each voter will receive a voter registration card in the mail which will notate the location of their polling place.
If you are currently registered as an Independent or with any minor political party (i.e. Green, Libertarian, Constitutional, etc.), you will not be able to vote for any candidates at the upcoming Municipal Primary. Pennsylvania has a closed primary voting system which allows only registered Democrats and Republicans to be able to vote for their parties’ candidates in the primary.
NOTE: Independents and Minor Political Party voters will be able to vote on three Constitutional Amendments and one Statewide Referendum on May 18th. They will be given a Non-Partisan ballot with just four questions listed with a YES/NO voting option.
If you wish to vote for all of the candidate races, you will need to change your party affiliation to either Democrat or Republican prior to Monday, May 3rd.
Any questions concerning registering to vote or updating a voter’s registration information should be directed to the Voter Registration Office at (717) 261-3886 or the Franklin County Election Board at (717) 261-3810. You will also find additional election and voter registration information at the County’s website, www.franklincountypa.gov.
Return to list.