Job Title: Franklin County PA Solicitor
Company: Franklin County
Franklin County, Pennsylvania invites qualified individuals or firms with proven leadership to fill the position of County Solicitor. The County Solicitor is responsible for:
- Rendering legal advice as required by the Commissioners, Administration, or any other department or agency of the County which does not have its own solicitor or special counsel.
- Providing support for the administration, policy, planning, public meetings, compliance and communication throughout Franklin County government.
- Bringing and defending all claims on behalf of the County.
- Overseeing the Paralegal, Assistant Solicitor, Tax Claim solicitor, and Children and Youth Services solicitor
- Coordinating with external counsel with specialized areas of expertise, including labor relations, insurance and construction.
More information about the position and the office can be found here: https://www.franklincountypa.gov/index.php?section=commissioners_Solicitor
Candidates must possess:
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school
- Admission and membership in good standing of the Bar of the Supreme Court of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Three to five years’ experience practicing in administrative and/or public entity matters or municipal law.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local statutes, the County Code, laws, precedence, principles and practices governing and/or affecting local municipal and county law is required.
- Knowledge of procedures relating to areas of labor and employment, assessment, election, contracts, procurement, insurance, prison, and the like preferred.
- Managerial experience.
Franklin County is offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
Interested qualified individuals or firms may apply by sending a detailed letter of interest and resume via email to email@example.com or by mail to the address below. The letter of interest must explain how your services will fit into the current structure, including our paralegal, contracted counsel and other engaged solicitors, or propose a new structure for the office to complete the same work and accomplish the same goals. The letter of interest must also describe the fee structure.
Letters of interest and resumes are due 10/24/19. The position is open until filled.
Franklin County Human Resources
218 N. Second St.
Chambersburg, PA 17201
Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Franklin County, PA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Date Posted: 10-15-2019
Expire Date: 12-31-2019