MISSION STATEMENT The guiding principles of the Franklin County Planning Commission are to foster the proper growth of Franklin County to ensure the enjoyment of life by each citizen in a pleasant, healthful, and harmonious environment.
Mosquito & Tick Borne Disease Control Specialist
Admin. Assistant II.
PLEASE NOTE: The Franklin County Planning Department is operational during the normal business hours of 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. In order to ensure the safety of the staff and the public, visitors are asked to wear a mask and maintain social distancing. The Planning Department is still encouraging the use of phone, email and other technologies (Google Meet, Zoom etc) to conduct business with the department to the greatest extent possible while the COVID-19 risk remains. Additionally, a number of the Planning Department staff are teleworking, so it is highly recommended for anyone wishing to visit a specific staff member to reach out to the Department ahead of time to ensure availability.
Prior to plan submission, please contact the Planning Department for better ease of processing and communication. Staff will continue to review plans in a normal timeframe and advanced notice of plan submissions is still appreciated.
To contact the Planning office, please call (717) 261-3855 or email: email@example.com.
The Franklin County Planning Department provides staff support primarily to the Agricultural Land Preservation Board and the Planning Commission. Staff support is also provided to the County Board of Commissioners as requested.
- The guiding principles of the Franklin County Planning Commission include:
- Promote economic development to revitalize communities,
- Sustain open space and the aesthetic and historic characteristics of the County,
- Protect farms, forests, and streams, and;
- Safeguard our recreational and valuable natural resources.
- The Planning Commission intends to maintain these principles by:
- Providing guidance and sound community planning advice to local governments,
- Emphasizing regional cooperation in planning efforts, and;
- Fostering growth and development that will complement existing infrastructure.
The Planning Commission intends to carry out this mission efficiently and in an environmentally responsible manner with respect for the role of local government in protecting the public interest.
County Plans and Reports
Applications & Guidelines
Tentatively planned for Fall 2021
272 North Second St
Chambersburg, PA 17201
Fax (717) 264-8667
Office Hours: M - F, 8:30am - 4:30pm
Closed on weekends and all county observed holidays.