Criminal Justice Advisory Board
MISSION STATEMENT Our mission is to create a forum of leaders that collaboratively addresses the immediate and future needs of the county by researching, planning, and recommending solutions that will integrate and prioritize the best approaches to criminal justice policies and program planning.
The Franklin County Criminal Justice Advisory Board (CJAB), in adherence to CJAB bylaws, meets at 12:00 PM on the last Thursday of February, April, June, August and October, and on the second Thursday of December. CJAB meetings are held at the Franklin County Courthouse, 157 Lincoln Way East, Chambersburg, PA in the 3rd Floor Jury Assembly Room. Meetings are open to the public and summaries are posted.
Cross Systems Mapping
Regulation and Oversight
Overseen by the Franklin County Commissioners and the Franklin County Judges, the CJAB is chaired by President Judge Carol Van Horn and co-chaired by Commissioner Chair David Keller. Members of the CJAB include, among others, County Commissioners, County Judges, County Administrator, Human Services Administrator, Children, Youth and Families Administrator, District Attorney, the Public Defender, a Magisterial District Judge representative, Police representative, Sheriff, Warden, Adult Probation Chief, Victim’s Rights Advocates, and community representatives.
The CJAB has many subcommittees and workgroups that dedicate their time to the development and enhancement of projects to improve the delivery of criminal justice in Franklin County (see Chart of CJAB Committees).
Grant Awards & Accomplishments
- Mental Health Co-responder Program
- Good Wolf Treatment Court
- Get Back Up Pretrial Drug & Alcohol Diversion Program
- Children's Advocacy Center
- Jail To Community Treatment
- Intensive Reentry Case Management
- Intermediate Punishment/Drug & Alcohol Probation Partnership
- STOP Violence Against Women
- Ohio Risk Assessment System Training
- Reentry Housing Program
- Reentry Coalition
- Juvenile Justice System Enhancement Strategies Data Collection Project
- Youth Summer Employment Program
- DUI Victim Impact Panel
- Chambersburg Communities That Care
- SAMHSA Trauma Informed Training and Planning
- Formation of Victims Impact Committee
- Formation of Forensic Initiatives Committee
- New Children's Advocacy Center
- Medical Assistance Expansion
- Jail Population Study
- Jail MA Navigators
- New Victim Witness Office
- Day Reporting Center
- Franklin County Mental Health Jail Diversion Program
- Drug & Alcohol Probation Partnership
- Reestablishment of Executive Committee
- Unified Case Management System
- Jury Management System
- CJAB Procedures Manual
- Justice Management Institute's Business Process Review
CJAB Grant Opportunities
PA Center of Excellence - Funding opportunities for criminal justice programs, regularly updated by the PA Mental Health & Justice Center of Excellence.