MISSION STATEMENT The guiding principles of the Franklin County Planning Commission are to foster the proper growth of Franklin County to ensure the enjoyment of life by each citizen in a pleasant, healthful, and harmonious environment.
The Franklin County Planning Department provides staff support primarily to the Agricultural Land Preservation Board and the Planning Commission. Staff support is also provided to the County Board of Commissioners as requested.
- The guiding principles of the Franklin County Planning Commission include:
- Promote economic development to revitalize communities,
- Sustain open space and the aesthetic and historic characteristics of the County,
- Protect farms, forests, and streams, and;
- Safeguard our recreational and valuable natural resources.
- The Planning Commission intends to maintain these principles by:
- Providing guidance and sound community planning advice to local governments,
- Emphasizing regional cooperation in planning efforts, and;
- Fostering growth and development that will complement existing infrastructure.
The Planning Commission intends to carry out this mission efficiently and in an environmentally responsible manner with respect for the role of local government in protecting the public interest.
Applications & Guidelines
Tourism and Quality of Life Enhancement
218 N 2nd St
Chambersburg, PA 17201
Fax (717) 264-8667
Office Hours: M - F, 8:30am - 4:30pm
Closed on weekends and all county observed holidays.