Purchase Dog Licenses Online - Now Available!!
Please visit http://www.padoglicense.com and select Franklin County.
You must use a credit card and there is a $ 2.00 convenience fee for each license purchased.
Pennsylvania state law requires any dog three (3) months of age or older to have a current dog license. Dog licenses are valid from January 1st to December 31st of the current year, even if purchased late in the year.
We invite you to visit the PA Department of Agriculture's Bureau of Dog Law Enforcement website for more information.
Franklin County's State Dog Law Enforcement Officer is Georgia Martin - 717-762-9794
How To Apply For a Dog License
2) Print and complete all sections of the application. You will need one application per dog. Please make sure you sign each application.
3) Mail the completed application along with your check/money order to the Franklin County Treasurer's office.
How To Apply For a Lifetime Dog License
1) Your dog must have a microchip implanted or tattoo before it can be licensed with a lifetime tag. The tattoo number must be assigned by the Treasurer's Office and paid for prior to having the dog tattooed.
3) Complete all sections of the application and verification form for each dog to be licensed. Please make sure you sign each form and obtain the signature of the person implanting, scanning microchip, or tattooing.
4) Mail the completed applications along with your check/money order to the Franklin County Treasurer's office.
272 North Second St
Chambersburg, Pa 17201
Fax (717) 263-4984
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 - 4:30
However NO SALE WILL BE TRANSACTED AFTER 4 PM.
Closed on weekends and all county observed holidays