Protection From Abuse (PFA)
PFAs are appropriate when there are cases of physical, sexual, or psychological abuse where the victim and defendant have these types of relationships:
- Current or former spouses
- People who live or have lived as spouses
- Current or former intimate or sexual partners
- Family and/or household members who are related by blood (consanguinity)
- Family and/or household members who are related through marriage or affinity
PFAs can be filed regardless of the ages of the parties involved. However, if the victim is under the age of 18, an adult must file on the minor's behalf.
Click here for the Protection From Abuse documentation.