Dave Secor


Dave Secor


Contact Dave

Missy Bumbaugh

Second Deputy

Contact Missy

Melody Shuman

Chief Deputy

Contact Melody


The Treasurer’s Office is closed until further notice. Our office phone number is forwarded for answering and all license applications may be mailed to 157 Lincoln Way East, Chambersburg, PA 17201. Mail is checked each day at the end of the day and responded to within a day.

Treasurer’s Office - (717) 261-3120


The Franklin County Treasurer is a uniquely independent elected county official, directly accountable to the voters/taxpayers of Franklin County.

The County Treasurer acts as the primary agent on behalf of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for the sales of licenses and permits, such as Dog License, Fishing License, Hunting License, Gun Permits, Bingo License, Small Games of Chance License, and Special Raffle Permits. During the average year, the County Treasurer provides licensing service to more than 35,000 Franklin County residents.

The Treasurer's Office accepts cash, checks and credit card payments (with convenience fee on credit card purchases) for services rendered. The fee for returned checks is $35.00 

Licenses and Permits

Bingo License

Dog License

Fishing License

Hunting License

Small Games of Chance License

Sportsman Gun Permit

Special Raffle Permit


Please visit us on our Facebook page at Franklin County Treasurer

Open in Google Map

Old Courthouse
First Floor
157 Lincoln Way East
Chambersburg, Pa 17201

Metered Parking:
Main Street, (RT 11)
Lincoln Way, (RT 30)
Rosedale Parking Lot, (off N. Main Street)

(717) 261-3120
Fax (717) 263-4984
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 - 4:30
Closed on weekends and all county observed holidays

Is Your Dog Licensed?

Dog License

All dogs three months of age or older must be licensed. It's easy and can be done online

Need To Register Your Boat?

Fish and Boat

The Franklin County Treasurer's Office does not issue boat registration or docking permits but you can follow this link to the PA Fish and Boats Commission's website to do so!  We do however, now sell Launch Permits.