Where Do I Begin?

1) If you are not registered with the County Office of Mental Health, Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities and Early Intervention (MH/IDD/EI), you need to call the office to initiate the intake process.


2) Submit documents during the intake appointment that will help establish that you are eligible for services through the intellectual & developmental disabilities system. Some examples are medical, psychological with full scale IQ and school records. The County MH/IDD/EI office will then determine if you are eligible. Staff can help you obtain a psychological with a full scale IQ if you do not have one. You will need to bring your medical insurance information, such as medical assistance card (ACCESS)/ or other insurance to the intake appointment.


3) If you are found eligible to receive services and are requesting services now or in the future, you will receive supports coordination.