April 08, 2019
DEADLINE FAST APPROACHING - REGISTERING TO VOTE
What are the Qualifications to Vote?
You can apply to register to vote at the upcoming 2019 Municipal Primary Election if by May 21st:
1) You will have been a citizen of the United States for at least one month.
2) You have been a resident of Pennsylvania and the election district in which you seek to register and vote for at least 30 days.
3) You will be at least 18 years of age.
How Do I Register to Vote?
1) Submit online by going to register.votespa.com.
2) In person at the Franklin County Voter Registration Office which is located in the Old Courthouse, Memorial Square, Chambersburg from 8:30-4:30, Monday - Friday.
3) By mail in one of two ways:
Obtain a state or federal voter registration mail application from a candidate, political party and other Federal, State, and municipal offices. You may also request one from the Department of State’s website at www.votespa.com.
Download the voter registration application available from the Department of State’s website at www.votespa.com or from the County’s website at www.franklincountypa.gov.
IMPORTANT: If you are already registered and just need to update your information, you will need to check one of the boxes on Line 3 of the voter registration form to either Change Name, Change Address and/or Change Party.
4) Apply at Department of Transportation photo license center when you obtain or update your driver’s license.
5) Apply at a government agency. Clients of these government agencies may apply to register to vote or make a change to their registration at: State offices that provide public assistance and services to persons with disabilities Armed Forces Recruitment Centers County’s Clerk of Courts Office Area Agencies on Aging & County Mental Health/Intellectual Disabilities Offices Centers for Independent Living
What is the Deadline to Register to Vote?
The deadline to apply to register to vote for the upcoming Municipal Primary Election on May 21st is Monday, April 22nd . This is also the deadline for a voter to change their name, address and/or party affiliation. Applications will be accepted and processed as long as they are postmarked with Monday’s date. If your application is received and/or postmarked after that date, it will be processed for the 2019 Municipal Election in November.
Once the registration application is processed, each voter will receive a voter registration card in the mail which will notate the location of their polling place.
Any questions concerning registering to vote should be directed to the Voter Registration Office at (717) 261-3886 or the Franklin County Election Board at (717) 261-3810. You can also find additional election information on the County’s website at www.franklincountypa.gov.
Return to list.