Local Firm to Provide Solicitor Services for Franklin County
Franklin County Board of Commissioners voted to approve an agreement Tuesday morning to retain solicitor services from local firm, Black and Davison Law Group.
Franklin County Board of Commissioners voted to approve an agreement Tuesday morning to retain solicitor services from local firm, Black and Davison Law Group. Based in Chambersburg, the firm has provided legal services to individuals and businesses throughout Franklin County for more than 55 years.
The Franklin County Solicitor position provides legal counsel and advice for the Board of Commissioners. Services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Defending all actions or suits brought against the County and rendering all legal advice related to County government that may be required of them by the County Commissioners
- Reviewing and approving County policies
- Evaluating and resolving legal issues related to State and Federal grants, funding and reimbursement for County programs
- Interpreting acts and laws for specific departments
- Providing legal advice to division leaders and heads of all County departments, boards and bureaus
- Coordinating all legal matters with courts, row offices, boards and authorities
- Addressing and resolving County Property issues
- Addressing and resolving Tax Assessment appeals
- Overseeing Right to Know Requests
- Providing general supervision of all contractual matters involving the County
- Drafting and/or reviewing and approving for legality all ordinances, resolutions, contracts and opinions
- Reviewing of Financial matters requiring legal advice, opinion or interpretation
- Advising County on election matters
- Advising the Franklin County Tax Claim Bureau
The agreement includes a monthly retainer of $9,500 for 90 hours of work per month (approximate rate of $106.00 per hour). For hours of work beyond that, the firm will be compensated a rate of $125.00 per hour. The negotiated fee is consistent with what the county has paid in the past for legal representation.
For more information on Franklin County Solicitor services, please visit http://bit.ly/37bj19W.
Return to list.